Hafenmeldungen

Berichte über Verkehrsbeschränkungen und Warnungen, interessante Events und Ereignisse.

 Riga
vor 446 Tagen von arnekiel

Dredging Brings More Business to Port of Riga
In March 2014 the enterprises of the Freeport of Riga handled by 26,7% more various cargo than in March 2013, and evaluating the first quarter of this year it is evident that the total cargo turnover has increased by 21.7%. Overall, 9.92 million tons were handled within three months, and it is the most successful first quarter in the history of the port. The Board Chairman of the Freeport of Riga Mr. Andris Ameriks said: “The Freeport of Riga Authority has invested a lot of work and a lot of money to enable the Port of Riga to receive and handle such considerable cargo amount, and now we can see a real return. That refers both to the fairway dredging and access road infrastructure improvements, that Freeport has purposefully implemented for years.” A total amount of 5.27 million tons was handled in dry bulk cargo segment this year, that is by 17.8 % more than last year, including 3.42 million tons of coal, dispatched by the port, that means an increase of 10.2% compared to the previous reporting period.

 Balboa
vor 446 Tagen von arnekiel

Panama Canal expansion works still suspended due to strike
Wednesday, 07 May 2014 | Panama Canal expansion works remain suspended by the Cosntruction Workers National Union (Suntracs), which called a general strike on all construction works on 23 April. Suntracs has presented a new wage proposal to the Panamanian Chamber of Construction (Capac) in an attempt to end the stoppage that is affecting some 400 projects, 98% of all the construction work in the country. Saul Mendez the Suntracs secretary general said that in recent days there have been significant advances. Neither party provided details of the new offers. Since the outbreak of the strike, Capac has upped its proposed wage increase from 21 % to 25 %. However, the unions are asking for 80%. "Both from the Board of the Panama Canal Authority as from the Administration of the Canal, we call to reactivate as soon as possible the works on site,” said ACP Administrator Jorge Quijano. The Canal expansion works stoppage will bring another delay and likely to cost the ACP several millions dollars since it isa national strike, which GUPC, the consortium building the locks, may claim falls under the Force Majeure clause and consequently will likely present a claim to the ACP to cover the costs. Following a strike at GUPC sites, in 2012, the workers in the third set of locks projects received a 12.5 % increase since January 2012 for unskilled workers and an increase of 15% for skilled workers. This means that since then they have been earning that much more than other construction workers in Panama. The ACP has had to pick up the cost of such earlier increase through a claim placed by GUPC. Such claim is estimated to cost the ACP about $35m. At the time when the stoppage broke, works at the expansion sites had reached 75% and were expected to be at full activity by the end of April. The ACP will have to reassess the pace of activity once the strike is over and see if that will translate into further delay. Source: Seatrade Global

 Colon
vor 446 Tagen von arnekiel

West lane at Pedro Miguel locks to close for dredging
Beginning Wednesday, May 14, 2014, at 0001 hours through Friday, May 16, 2014, at 2400 hours, dredging operations will be conducted at the lake entrance on the West side of Pedro Miguel Locks between the center wall and the West prism line. During this period, the West lane at Pedro Miguel Locks will be closed for shipping. This dredging work is a continuation of the work initiatied on April 29 and is necessary for the removal of critical shoals in the area. As a reuslt, and in accordance with the rules governing the Transit Reservation System, Condition 2 will be in effecr from Wednesday, May 14, 2014, through Friday, May 16, 2014. Applications for reserved transits while Condition 2 is in effect will be received beginning at 0900 hours on Sunday, May 11, 2014, The Just-In-Time (JIT) slots available for supers will be reduced during this period to one slot per direction, Nevertheless, JIT transit slots previously confirmed will be honored. The JIT slots available for regular vessels transiting wihout restrictions, as well as the booking slot available through the Auction Process, and the slots available for regular vessels less than 300 feet in LOA, will continue to be offered during this period.

 Suez
vor 446 Tagen von arnekiel

Changes to transits due to cleansing works
The Suez Canal Authority advises that due to cleansing work in the Lakes area the following will come into effect from 8 May: - Temporary suspension of entry of the second southbound convoy until the end of the cleansing work (Updates to be provided as available). - Vessels with draft of more than 45 feet, especially container ships that enter via the Eastern branch within the convoy and before entering the last ship in the convoy by about 90 minutes at least, and according to the traffic. As a result, all vessels arriving to join the 2nd Southbound convoy will enter the Canal with the first Southbound convoy next day. Vessels arriving between 1900 and 2100 hrs LT, may still join the 1st Southbound convoy against 3% additional Canal tolls. Vessels arriving between 2100 and 2200 hrs may still join the 1st Southbound convoy against 5% additional Canal tolls. Vessels arriving after 2200 hrs and up to 0200 the next day may still join the 1st Southbound convoy against 10% additional Canal tolls. The above will be subject to Canal traffic and provided that circumstances are favorable.

vor 446 Tagen von arnekiel

Winner of massive Suez Canal tender to be announced next month
Egypt will announce the winner of a tender to develop the area surrounding the Suez Canal next month, the head of the canal authority said, moving forward with plans to revive an economy struggling with political turmoil since 2011. The Suez Canal Authority (SCA) invited 14 consortia in January to bid for a chance to present their plans on how they would develop the 76,000 square kilometre (29,000 square miles) area around the canal. Egypt wants to turn the area surrounding the canal into an international industrial and logistics hub which would help revive the economy that struggled for more than three years of political turmoil.

vor 446 Tagen von arnekiel

First LNG disaster prevention facility in Northwest Europe
At Maasvlakte in the Port of Rotterdam, Falck has started work on a the first Northwest European training facility for disaster prevention involving Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG). The Port of Rotterdam Authority and the joint fire service in the port area are closely involved in the development of this training facility. From September 2014, fire crews, employees and members of company emergency response teams in the chemical and petrochemical industry, the road haulage and water transport sector and storage and stevedoring companies will be able to practise and train in a realistic environment to combat disasters involving LNG. Falck, is a specialist in providing advice and training in the field of disaster and accident prevention in the industrial and public sector,

vor 446 Tagen von arnekiel

Petronet to start work on Gangavaram LNG terminal soon
Petronet LNG Ltd (PLL), which has signed an agreement with Gangavaram Port Ltd for developing a liquified natural gas (LNG) terminal, said, it would start construction of the terminal in the second half of this year. “We have got all necessary clearances for construction. It should start towards the end of this year after we complete the process of awarding the work contract,” said A. K. Balyan, managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) of PLL on the sidelines of a event organised by the SOA University. In December 2013, the Gangavaram LNG terminal project was recommended by expert appraisal committee (EAC) of the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) for grant of environment(EC) and Coastal regulatory Zone (CRZ) clearance. The Gangavaram LNG Terminal is expected to help meet the growing energy demand of eastern and central part of India.The terminal will comprise of facilities for receiving, storage and regasification of LNG with a capacity upto 5 million tonne per annum and will be developed with an approximate investment of Rs 4500 crore.

 Mumbai
vor 447 Tagen von arnekiel

PSA to Develop and Operate Fourth Container Terminal in Mumbai
IHS Maritime 360 - Bharat Mumbai Container Terminals Private Limited (BMCT) today signed the concession agreement with Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) to develop the fourth container terminal in Mumbai. BMCT, a wholly owned subsidiary of PSA Bharat Investments Pte Ltd, is to develop the terminal on a design, build, operate, finance, and transfer basis for 30 years. A senior JNPT port official told IHS Maritime, "The estimated project cost is Rs 7,915 crore [$1.3bn]." Tan Chong Meng, Group CEO, PSA International, said in a release that Bharat Mumbai Container Terminals Pvt Ltd is PSA International's latest port project in India. "PSA will work along with Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust to develop this very important terminal in India to cater to the increasing demand for container handling capacity and facilitate maritime trade in India." When complete, BMCT will have a quay length of 2,000 m and capacity of 4.8M TEUs per annum.

vor 447 Tagen von arnekiel

First east-west service secured for London Gateway
London Gateway has secured its first deepsea east-west service after the G6 Alliance decided to include the facility in the European rotation of its trans-Atlantic PA2 service. The first call will be on 14 May by Margrit Rickmers, chartered by Singapore-based alliance partner APL. The US East Coast service also calls at Rotterdam, Bremerhaven and Le Havre. The UK manager of one G6 operator said the decision was partly motivated by the desire of some alliance members to consolidate cargo at London Gateway. For example, G6 alliance member MOL is part of the SAECS service between Europe and South Africa that was the first service to call at the new facility on the Thames.

vor 447 Tagen von arnekiel

MSC Terminal Valencia now handling also vessels from other companies
The Port of Valencia's two container terminal operators, Noatum and TCV, are reported as being unhappy with the preferential treatment being given to MSC by the port authority. Shipping lines also allege that competitive conditions have changed as a result of the decision taken by the port authority to allow the MSC terminal to handle vessels from other companies without first having issued a public tender. In February, Rafael Aznar, who heads the port authority, gave MSC permission to handle vessels from other companies, as long as they remained under its “operational control”. He apparently made this decision following advice contained with a report from the Attorney General. The MSC terminal was already operating at the limits of its capacity just handling its own vessels. In 2013, it accounted for 1.7m teu of the port's total box traffic of 4.3m teu in a terminal of just 300,000 m2. Source: Port Strategy


Haben Sie auch interessante Hafenmeldungen?

Dann machen Sie mit!
  • Einfach einloggen oder registrieren
  • Hafenseite auswählen
  • und Ihre eigene Hafenmeldung erstellen!
Oder senden Sie Ihre Hafenmeldung an uns:
E-Mail: 
Tel.: 
Fax: 
report@vesseltracker.com
+49 40 209 33 21 28
+49 40 209 33 21 29





In Kooperation mit