We are seeking a talented and seasoned Java Engineer / Developer in our Hamburg, Germany office.
- you have profound knowledge of Java and enterprise frameworks
- you have SQL database experience, you are not afraid to write native SQL queries
- you already have used tools such as Maven.
- you are comfortable working with version control systems such as GIT
- you understand and enjoy the benefits of test driven development
- you are a conceptual thinker and take pride in producing high-quality work
Nice to have:
- experience with big data solutions/tools such as Hadoop or specialized database solutions such as Elasticsearch
- familiarity with unix based environments, shell scripting or small administrative tasks
- knowledge of API design and RESTful principles
- knowledge of Dev-Ops principles and configuration management systems (eg. Chef or Ansible)
- german language skills
Once you land this position, you will enjoy:
- maintain and improve our existing import process
- develop our new backend based on Spring Boot / Java
- create and maintain unit and end-to-end tests
- proactively learn new methods and technologies to integrate them into the team's capabilities
- develop and automate tools to support our sales team
- an attractive, modern central office located on Hamburg's Alster Lake
- a key position in a dynamic, highly international team (US, DE, GB, PT, RO, to name just a few) with challenging and high-responsibility tasks
- create and maintain unit and end-to-end tests
- wide scope for implementing creative and innovative ideas
- flat hierarchy and a friendly, personal team
- support with visas, relocation and establishing yourself in Hamburg
- many opportunities for career-related development plus participation in conferences, conventions and trade fairs - our latest Tech Summit took place in Las Vegas, NV ;)
- regular team events
- Fitness program – reimbursement for approved gym, yoga, sports equipment, etc
About our parent company: With the world's largest network of patented and proprietary monitoring technologies,
Genscape delivers unique, real-time fundamental data to provide market insight and intelligence.
Genscape is part of DMG Information (“DMGI”), which comprises a portfolio of high growth, innovative, must-have
information media businesses in the property, education, energy and commodity and structured finance sectors.
DMGI is a division of Daily Mail and General Trust plc (“DMGT”). DMGTmanages a diverse, multinational portfolio of companies,
with total revenues of almost £2bn, that provide businesses and consumers with compelling information, analysis, insight, events,
news and entertainment. DMGT is also a founding investor and the largest shareholder of
Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC and ZPG Plc.
vesseltracker.com, a Genscape Company, is a leading provider of global AIS vessel movements and maritime information services
that was founded by an Information Technology specialist and Port Operations Manager with the goal of bringing higher levels of
transparency and clarity into the market.
Well over a quarter of a million users from multiple sectors across the globe access vesseltracker.com services to get up-to-date
vessel movements, maritime news and events and in depth information on vessel characteristics,
specifications and ownership/management details and an ever growing number of customized data delivery projects, reports and analytics.
vesseltracker.com processes billions of messages every day from the largest and fastest growing privately owned
AIS receiver network on the planet, and the most technologically advanced and only AIS dedicated satellite constellation.
Vesseltracker further applies auto cleanse and auto correct algorithms making it possible for you to accurately track well
over 120,000 vessels on any given day, from anywhere in the world. Our services are designed to suite the variety of challenges
faced by companies, authorities and individuals who require a complete overview within the maritime sector on both a local
and/or global scale.
For additional information about our Company visit our careers page at www.genscape.com/careers.
Our employees are highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing excellent products and customer service.
We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment.
Hamburg is a beautiful city in Northern Germany that provides a great range of leisure activities and a legendary nightlife.
It is especially welcoming to expats and enables a great quality of life. We are looking forward to your application and
will of course help with relocation, tax and legal formalities and answer any questions you may have.
Please send your application and CV to:
Mundsburger Damm 14