We are currently looking for the following positions:
Verisk Business: vesseltracker
Department: Information Technology
We are seeking a talented and seasoned Java Engineer / Developer in our Hamburg, Germany office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to help scale and develop our Maritime Data Platform. As a Java developer you will be an important part of our agile and multi-disciplinary team, working on the next generation of system. This is an exciting and demanding job in a top priority project, from planning through to implementation.
A Typical Day in the Life of a Senior Software Developer - Full-Stack Engineer:
- Maintain and improve our existing import process.
- Develop our new backend based on Spring Boot / Java
- Create and maintain unit and end-to-end tests
- Proactively learn new methods and technologies to integrate them into the team’s capabilities
- Develop and automate tools to support our sales team.
This job might be for you if:
- You have profound knowledge of Java and enterprise frameworks.
- You have SQL database experience. You are not afraid to write native SQL queries.
- You already have used tools such as Maven
- You are comfortable working with version control systems such as GIT
- You understand and enjoy the benefits of test driven development
- You are a conceptual thinker and take pride in producing high-quality work
If you have the following skills, it would be even better!
- Experience with big data solutions/tools such as Hadoop or specialized database solutions such as Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with unix based environments, shell scripting or small administrative tasks
- Knowledge of API design and RESTful principles
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops principles and configuration management systems (eg. Chef or Ansible)
- German-language skills
Once you land this position, you will enjoy:
- An attractive, modern office located directly on Hamburg's Alster Lake
- A key position in a dynamic, international team with challenging and high-responsibility tasks
- Wide scope for implementing creative and innovative ideas
- Flat hierarchy and a friendly, personal team!
- Support with visas, resettling, etc. and establishing yourself in Hamburg
- Many opportunities for career-related development plus participation in conferences,conventions and trade fairs
- Regular team events (eg. "Friday Lunch")
- Fitness program – reimbursement for approved gym, yoga, sports equipment,
vesseltracker.com, a Woodmac Company, is a leading provider of global AIS vessel movements and maritime information services that was founded by an Information Technology specialist and Port Operations Manager with the goal of bringing higher levels of transparency and clarity into the market.
Well over a quarter of a million users from multiple sectors across the globe access vesseltracker.com services to get up-to-date vessel movements, maritime news and events and in depth information on vessel characteristics, specifications and ownership/management details and an ever growing number of customized data delivery projects, reports and analytics.
vesseltracker.com processes billions of messages every day from the largest and fastest growing privately owned AIS receiver network on the planet, and the most technologically advanced and only AIS dedicated satellite constellation. Vesseltracker further applies auto cleanse and auto correct algorithms making it possible for you to accurately track well over 120,000 vessels on any given day, from anywhere in the world. Our services are designed to suite the variety of challenges faced by companies, authorities and individuals who require a complete overview within the maritime sector on both a local and/or global scale.
For additional information about our Company visit our careers page at www.genscape.com/careers
Our teams of employees are highly motivated, innovative, and passionate for providing excellent products and customer service. We look for individuals interested in growing with our company, and working in an exciting, open and collegial work environment.To apply please click here