1. Name and contact details of the Controller and of the data protection officer:
Mundsburger Damm 14
Tel.: +49 (0) 40 – 97 07 86 – 10
Fax.: +49 (0) 40 – 97 07 86 – 19
The company data protection officer can be reached at the above-mentioned address, Att. data protection officer, or by e-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Collection, Storage and Erasure of Personal Data as well as Type and Purpose and their use:
a) When visiting the website:
When you visit our Website www.vesseltracker.com, the browser you are using on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information will be temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information will be recorded without your intervention and stored until automated deletion.
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the file accessed,
- website from which access has been made (Referrer-URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, your computer’s operating system, and your access provider’s name.
We will be processing the above-mentioned data for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection of the website,
- ensuring comfortable use of our website,
- evaluation of system security and stability,
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing is GDPR sec. 6 para 1 lit. f. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. In no case we will be using the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
For the storage of log files used on our website we use the cloud-based log file storage Loggly. Loggly is a product of SolarWinds Worldwide LLC (535 Mission St, Ste 2100, San Francisco, CA 94105).This provider has submitted to both the GDPR and the Privacy Shield and complies with the applicable data protection laws. For more information, seehttps://www.loggly.com/about/privacy-policy/
b) When using our contact form:
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is made pursuant to GDPR art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a on basis of your voluntarily given consent.
Personal data collected for using our contact form will be erased after completion of your request.
c) When subscribing to newsletter:
If at all, your data will only be passed on to third parties for the technical handling of the newsletter dispatch via a service provider working in compliance with data protection regulations.
You can unsubscribe at any time, for example via a link at the end of each newsletter, as well as on the subscription and unsubscribe page, which you can find here. Alternatively, you can unsubscribe at any time using email@example.com
3. Disclosure of Data to Third Parties:
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We only pass on your personal data to third parties:
- if you explicitly have consented pursuant GDPR sec.6 para.1 sentence 1 lit.a,
- if passing on your personal data pursuant GDPR sec. 6 para.1 sentence1 lit.f is necessary for assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in non-disclosure of your data,
- in the event of a legal obligation existing for their transfer pursuant to GDPR sec. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c, and
- this is permitted by law and it is necessary for carrying out our contractual relationships with you pursuant to GDPR sec. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b.
In the cookie information is stored, each resulting in connection with the specific terminal used. However, this does not mean that we are immediately aware of your identity.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to GDPR sec. 6 para 1 lit. f.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser in a way that no cookies will be stored on your computer or a message always will appear prior to a new cookie being created. However, complete deactivation of cookies might lead to you not being able to using all our website’s functions.
b) Web Beacons:
We use the tracking measures listed below on the legal basis of GDPR sec. 6 para 1 lit. f. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website will be meeting requirements and will be held continually optimized. Furthermore, we use tracking devices to statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimizing our service for you. These interests are to be regarded as legitimate within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
a) Google Analytics:
We use Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (https://www.google.com/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; im Folgenden „Google“). For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our sites. Google has submitted to the EU-US Privacy Shield,https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
In this context, pseudonymised user profiles will be created and cookies will be used, see point 4. The information on your use of our website created by the cookie such as
- browser type / version,
- used operating system,
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- the accessing computer’s host name of (IP address),
- time of server request,
will be submitted to a server of Google in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities and to provide further services associated with the use of the website and of the internet for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these web pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on behalf of the company. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other data from Google. The IP addresses will be anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
Furthermore, you can prevent recording of data generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website (including your IP address) and its processing by Google when downloading and installing a browser-add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en)
Further information on data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found at https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
Our website uses the measurement service ("SZMnG") of INFOnline GmbH (https://www.infonline.de) to statistically record the use of our offers. By evaluating those statistics we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user.
For websites that are members of the "Informationgemeinschaft zur Feststellung der Verbreitung von Werbeträgern e. V." (IVW – http://www.ivw.eu) or part the studies of the "Arbeitsgemeinschaft Online-Forschung e. V." (AGOF – http://www.agof.de) the usage statistics are regularly published by "AGOF and the Media-Analyse e. V." working group. (agma – http://www.agma-mmc.de), as well as the IVW and can be viewed on the respective websites.
INFOnline ensures that individual users cannot be identified at any time. Data that may be related to a specific, identifiable person will be anonymized as soon as possible. The IP addresses are shortened before any processing and only processed anonymously. The unabridged IP addresses are neither stored nor processed. A so-called geolocalization, i.e. the allocation of a web page call to the place of the call, takes place exclusively on the basis of the anonymized IP address and only up to the geographical level of the federal states/regions. Under no circumstances can the geographical information obtained in this way be used to draw conclusions about the specific place of residence of a user.
The range measurement alternatively uses either a cookie with the identification "ioam.de", a "Local Storage Object" or an anonymous signature, which is created from various automatically transferred information of your browser, to recognize computer systems. The validity of the cookie is limited to a maximum of 1 year.
To measure distributed usage (use of a service from different devices), the user ID can be transmitted to INFOnline as an anonymous checksum when logging in, if available. The stored usage processes are deleted after 7 months at the latest.
If you do not want to participate in this measurement, you can object under the following link: http://optout.ioam.de Further information on data protection in the measurement procedure can be found on the website of INFOnline GmbH (https://www.infonline.de), which operates the measurement procedure, the data protection website of AGOF (http://www.agof.de/datenschutz) and the data protection website of IVW(http://www.ivw.eu).
6. Advertising tools:
a) Google AdSense:
This website uses Google AdSense, an online advertising service from Google. This enables us to serve ads designed to meet your interests. We are interested in showing you advertisements that might be of interest to you in order to make our website more interesting for you.
For this purpose, statistical information about you is collected and processed by our advertising partners. These advertisements can be recognized by the reference "Google ads" in the respective advertisement. By visiting our website, Google receives the information that you have accessed our website. Google uses a web beacon, point 4, to set a cookie, point 4, on your computer. The data specified under point 5 lit. a) of this declaration are transmitted.
We have no influence on the data collected, nor are we aware of the full extent of the data collection and the storage period. Your data will be transferred to the USA and evaluated there. If you are logged in with your Google account, your data can be directly assigned to it.
If you do not want to be associated with your Google profile, you must log out. It is possible that this data will be disclosed to Google's contractual partners, to third parties and authorities. The legal basis for the processing of your data is GDPR sec. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f. [EITHER: This site does not serve ads from third parties through Google AdSense]. [OR: This site has also enabled third-party Google AdSense ads. The above data may be transferred to these third parties (named at https://support.google.com/dfp_sb/answer/94149).]
You can prevent the installation of Google AdSense cookies in various ways:
- In particular, the suppression of third party cookies means that you will not receive ads from third parties;
- by disabling the interest-based ads on Google via the http://www.google.com/ads/preferences, link, which will be deleted if you delete your cookies;
- by deactivating the interest-based ads of the providers that are part of the "About Ads" self-regulation campaign via the link http://www.aboutads.info/choices, this setting being deleted if you delete your cookies;
- by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin.
Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this offer in full. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing, and to learn more about your rights and privacy choices, please contact Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/ads.
b) DoubleClick by Google:
Due to the marketing tools used, your browser automatically establishes a direct connection to the Google server. We have no control over the extent and further use of the data collected by the use of this tool by Google and therefore inform you to the best of our knowledge: By including DoubleClick, Google receives the information that you access the corresponding part of our website or clicked an ad from us. If you are registered with a service provided by Google, Google may associate the visit with your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, there is a chance that the provider will find and store your IP address.
You can prevent participation in this tracking procedure in various ways:
- by setting your browser software accordingly, in particular the suppression of third party cookies means that you will not receive any ads from third party providers;
- by disabling cookies for conversion tracking, by setting your browser to block cookies from the domainhttps://www.google.com/settings/ads
- by permanent deactivation in your browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome under the link http://www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. Please note that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this offer in full.
The legal basis for processing your data is GDPR sec. 6 para 1 lit. f. For more information about DoubleClick by Google please visit https://www.google.com/doubleclick and http://support.google.com/adsense/answer/2839090, and https://https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy. for data protection at Google in general. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) http://www.networkadvertising.org.
For the purpose of the user experience we use the service Intercom for live chats. Intercom is a product of Intercom R&D Unlimited Company (Stephen Court, 18-21 St. Stephen's Green, Dublin 2, Ireland).Intercom has submitted to both the GDPR and the Privacy Shield and is very concerned about data protection and data security. For more information, please visithttps://www.intercom.com/en/security#product-security andhttps://docs.intercom.com/pricing-privacy-and-terms/data-protection/how-were-preparing-for-gdpr.
8. Interactive map of Open Streets Maps:
On this website we use the offer of Open Street Maps (OSM). OSM is a product of the Openstreetmap Foundation (132 Maney Hill Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B72 1JU, UK). This allows us to display interactive maps directly on the website and enables you to conveniently use the map function.
By visiting the website, OSM receives information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by OSM can be found in the data protection declarations of the provider.
We have included YouTube videos in our online offerings, which are stored at http://www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in the "extended data protection mode", i.e. no data about you as a user will be transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transmission.
By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. This is independent of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation takes place in particular (even for users momentarily not logged-in) for the provision of demand-oriented advertising and for other users of the social network via your Activities on our web-site. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles; to exercise this right you must contact YouTube.
10. Rights of Data Subjects:
You have the right:
- to obtain access to your personal data processed by us in accordance with GDPR sec. 15. In particular, you may obtain access to the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the source of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details;
- to immediately request the rectification of inaccurate or completion of incomplete personal data stored by us in accordance with GDPR sec. 16;
- to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us pursuant to GDPR sec. 17, unless the processing for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for assertion, exercise or defense of legal rights is required;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data pursuant to GDPR sec. 18, as far as the accuracy of the data is contested by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its erasure and we no longer need the data, but you require this, for the exercise or defense of legal claims or you objected to processing pursuant to GDPR sec. 21;
- to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format in accordance with GDPR sec. 20 or to demand transmission to another controller;
- to object to your consent given pursuant to GDPR sec. 7 para 3 at any time. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing data based on this consent in the future and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to GDPR sec. 77. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your habitual residence or place of work or place of business.
11. Right to object:
If your personal data are processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to GDPR sec. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to GDPR sec. 21, provided that there are reasons on grounds relating to your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation. If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Data security:
We use the most common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. Usually this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. Whether a single page of our website is transmitted in encrypted form can be seen from the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the status bar of your browser. We make use of the rest of the adequate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
This data protection declaration is currently valid and has the status as of May 2018. Due to further development of our website and offers or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website at www.vesseltracker.com.