In mid October the "Harengus", that was part of the collection of abandoned ships at the docks of Puerto Madryn, left the port forever after almost five years. On Dec 14, 2016, the vessel had entered the port for the last time and then lost its fishing permit. The ship remained in the hands of Pedro Baldino, who soon after sold the 1,400 tonnes of the hake quota to Giorno/Iberconsa and the fishing permit to Newsan, which 2020 received the new “Atlántico I” as a replacement. The “Harengus” was towed to the outer edge of the Rio de la Plata with a security crew on board. She was now to be dismantled in a port in India, which was cheaper for Baldino than scrapping it in Argentina. Report with photo: https://puntonoticias.com/se-fue-el-harengus-pero-el-puerto-sigue-repleto-de-chatarra-flotante/
Cape Verde tries again to sell the 'Eser' which was seized with more than 9.5 tons of cocaine in 260 bales on board in 2019, after a failed sale to the Cape Verdean US emigrant Romão Barros, who had been the winner of the previous public tender, held on Jan 5, 2021. According to the new notice for the sale, the Ministry of Finance of Cape Verde, through the General Directorate of Patrimony and Public Procurement (DGPCP), has once again set the value of 635,000 Euros as a basis for bidding. The vessel was previously the object of a public tender for sale, also upon proposal in a closed letter, "which observed all formalities and legal rules established for the purpose", but that the winner "has absolutely failed to fulfill the legal responsibilities , arising from its condition to sell. The winning competitor would later be considered as withdrawn and, as a result, the contest was declared void”, read the new notice from Sep 15, 2021. For this new tender, the opening of proposals is scheduled at the headquarters of the Ministry of Finance, in Praia, on Oct 1 at 10:00 a.m. The “Eser” has been berthed in Praia port since Jan 31, 2019. On Feb 20,, 2020, the Praia court sentenced the 11 Russian crew members to 12 and 10 years in prison, following what was considered to be the largest cocaine seizure in Cape Verde. After opening the bid, the successful tenderer has 24 hours to transfer 25% of the value, under penalty of cancellation of the tender, and the remaining 75% have to be paid within 10 days, according to the conditions of the public tender.
The 'Ercan Naiboglu', which has been arrested due to unpaid credits by local court since June 1, 2017, will be sold at an auction by the local judicial sale office together with Harbour Master at Tuzla on Oct 28, 2021. The vessel remained stationary and still under arrest at Tuzla for the time being.
renamed Seabas,Comoros Flag
..on Sep 12, 2021: http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=3342124